VEGGIE NOODLE STIR–FRY
- 3-4 bundles veggie noodles (Asian Market)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 lb. snow peas or snap peas
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce (Kikkoman, purple label)
- Sesame seeds to top, (optional)
1. Slice onions & peppers.
2. In a medium pot bring a quart of water to a boil, at a rapid boil add noodles & cook for two minutes, strain when done. If you are using different noodles, egg or soba noodles, follow the directions on the package.
3. Warm oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute onions & peppers for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add snow peas & saute for another 2 minutes.
5. Add cooked noodles & teriyaki sauce to the pan of veggies. Using tongs to mix well.
Cook for another minute or two & serve warm.
Plate Finished Product
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
I came across these veggie noodles years ago at the Asian Market by my parents house & I have loved cooking with them ever since. They are more a low mein type of noodle & they cook in just a minute or two! They are delicious & I enjoy them as a side dish for any Asian style meal.
There are so many things that can be added to this dish, garlic, broccoli, snap pleas, any colored bell pepper, watered chestnuts, mini corn, bean sprouts, squash, zucchini, green beans, carrots, cabbage, or even nuts such as almonds, peanuts, or cashews. This side pair well with Asian Flank Steak, Asian Salmon Patty, & Korean BBQ Short Ribs.0