I love butternut squash. Squash can be challenging to cut so I don’t mind spending the extra dollar to buy them pre-cut at Trader Joes. It makes a wonderful side dish and pairs very well with pork, chicken, & turkey….
- 2 Cups couscous or quinoa, cooked
- 1 Butternut squash, peeled & diced
- 3/4 Cup baby spinach
- 1/4 Cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind
- Salt & Pepper
1. To dice butternut squash remove skin & cut into small-medium cubes.
2. Toss squash with 1 tablespoon olive oil & a dust of salt. Spread the squash evenly on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake on the top rack at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until it’s soft. If quinoa is not precooked follow the directions & cook it while squash is cooking.
5. In a large add spinach & when squash & couscous are ready, add them while warm into the spinach mixture & slowly toss to gently wilt the spinach. Slowly add dressing into the salad & toss till the mixture is evenly coated
Plate Finished Product