ROASTED SALMON WITH CITRUS AVOCADO SALSA
- 2-3 salmon filets, 4 oz each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon spiced rub, paprika, chili powder, & cayenne pepper
- 1 medium orange, segmented
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 serrano chile, seeded & minced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. Place salmon filets on a baking sheet, drizzle the olive oil over each filet.
2. Sprinkle the spiced rub, paprika, chili powder, & cayenne pepper, evenly over each filet.
3. Bake salmon at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes.
4. While salmon is in the oven, place segmented oranges, avocados, red onions, serrano chile, cilantro, & lime juice in a bowl & mix together. Set aside until salmon is ready to serve.
5. When salmon is fully cooked place on a dish & top with salsa.
PLATE FINISHED PRODUCT
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
I love experimenting with salmon dishes & this is one easy & flavorful dish great for entertaining.
Feel free to add any spices to the fish rub & any ingredients to the salsa. In place of the orange you can use mango, blood orange, grapefruit, etc. You can also add diced tomatoes or cucumbers. This is a fun dish, be creative 🙂0