MIDDLE EASTERN CHICKEN KABOBS
- 3 lbs Chicken Breast, cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Fresh lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground saffron
- 2 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5-7 skewers
1. Chop chicken into cubes than put it in a gallon size ZipLock bag. Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, turmeric, saffron, minced garlic, onion powder, & olive oil. Zip closed & mix together until all chicken is coated evenly. Place in the fridge to marinate for 4-6 hours up to 24 hours.
2. Skewer chicken one piece at a time onto a metal or wooden skewer. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken juices run clear. Turn & brush with reserved marinade frequently.
Plate Finished Product
Serve over rice with grilled veggies
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
This Persian style chicken recipe was given to me by a childhood friend. I have been to many Middle Eastern restaurant & chicken kabobs like these are my favorite. I love the beautiful colors of the dish & of course the flavor is amazing.
This is a Whole30 & Paleo approved dish, but you can use cauliflower rice in place of the Lebanese rice to pair with the chicken. You can use garlic powder if you don’t have fresh garlic or you can use fresh onions in place of the onion powder. The recipe can be adjusted to taste so if you like pepper, add more. I made set measurements but they can be adjusted as needed. Also you can use this Lebanese Rice Recipe or the Persian rice recipe known as Polo Rice. If you don’t have time to make a specialty rice a plain basmati or jasmine rice will pair well.