These simply delicious shrimp skews have been something my Dad has made with pasta for years. I personally like the BBQ myself so I decided to take the tradition outdoors.
- 20-30 count raw shrimp, shelled & deveined
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 5-7 skewers, soaked in water for 20 min
4. On a well-oiled grill, BBQ shrimp skewers for 2-3 minutes on each side.
5. In a small dish, smash a garlic clove, 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon minced basil, & a dash of red pepper flakes. Soak flavors in 1 teaspoon olive oil.
6. Serve with lemon wedge & garlic basil oil.
This is whole30 & paleo approved but the recipe can be modified to your palate. If you like spicy you can add red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper. On whole30 you can add ghee to the shrimp or if you are not on whole30 you can add melted butter to the shrimp which is always delicious!