GARLIC ROASTED MASHED POTATOES
- 4-6 Yukon gold potatoes, rinsed & cubed
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 stick salted Butter
- 1/4-1/2 cup half-and-half or milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Cut the bottom, or root, part of the garlic bulb off. Leaving the skins on place the whole bulb in foil with the open side facing up. Drizzle some olive oil on the top of the bulb, close the foil, & roast at 400 degrees for 30-40 min or until garlic is brown & soft.
2. Wash & scrub the potatoes with water, & cut into fourths.
3. Place chopped potatoes in a pot & fill the pot with water until potatoes are covered. Boil for 10-15 minutes or until tender enough to poke with a fork.
4. Strain water then add butter, roasted garlic, salt, pepper, & milk.
Mash all ingredients until well mixed.
Plate Finished Product
Serve while hot
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
Every year around Thanksgiving I try to find a new way to make mashed potatoes more delicious without add more cream or butter. Garlic mashed potates have always been a favorite of mine, but there is something about fresh roasted garlic cannot be replaced.
If you want to dress up this delicious side dish top with some cheese, bacon bits, & some chives. It also pairs well with most beef, pork, & chicken dishes.