CREAMY POLENTA WITH CARROTS & SPINACH
- 2 cups cooked polenta, cooked
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/8 cup onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/8 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
1. In a medium saucepan melt butter & saute onions over medium heat for a minute.
2. If you use fully cooked polenta cut into pieces.
3. Add carrots & cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add spinach & cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add veggie broth & cook until evaporated.
6. Add polenta & mash with a fork breaking down until creamy.
7. Add milk, cheese, salt & pepper. Stir until well mixed & serve hot.
Plate Finished Product
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
One of my favorite items in the Trader Joe’s frozen section is the creamy polenta. I have used it as a side dish, in soup, & just to eat cause it’s that delicious. I decided to try to recreate a similar dish & I think this is pretty darn close.
There are many things that can be added or removed from this recipe, other veggies can be used, broccoli, red peppers, zucchini, squash, etc. Or if veggies are not your thing you can just cream the polenta & add cheese. It is a great alternative for mashed potatoes & pairs well with red meat, pork, or poultry.0