- 2 Red Velvet Cakes 8″, cut
- 1 White Cake 8″, Cut into 6″ circle
- 1 Blue Velvet Cake 8 in”
- Butter-cream Frosting, 2 batches
- Sprinkles, red & blue
3. You need to cut out a 4 inch circle as a guide, in the blue layer (remember do not torte this tier). Place the outer ring on the top of the tree layers, red, white, red. Then cut out an inner 4 inch circle from the last red layer & the last white layer. Frost the 4 inch white layer & top it with the 4 inch red later. Place the inner circle into the blue ring with the red layer on top to continue the red & white patter. Since the blue layer is twice as think as the red & white the two layers together should match the height. Make sure to even out the top of the cake if necessary to keep the top flat.
Cutting the Cake
1. Chill the cake. As long as you put a good coating of frosting on it the cake should not dry out.2. Use hot water and a hot clean knife. Between slices, clean the knife & rinse with very hot water.
3. Make sure the knife is completely dry after dipping it in the hot water with each slice.